Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS), an S&P 500 company, is a leading direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in financial service industry. Discover is one of the largest credit card issuers in the US with network in more than 185 countries and territories. ( www.discover.com/Company )
Our Shanghai Center of Excellence specializes in data-based decision analytics that provide solutions to support our company’s strategy and operations.
With our scientific quantitative tools and leading statistical methods, we impact marketing strategy formulation, risk management, and banking operations for our products and services. We are committed to be the best financial services analytical center in China.
At Discover, you will find the right way to jump-start your career. We will hold our campus recruitment events starting from September.
Submit your resume and grow with us!
2020 Campus Recruiting Process & Timeline:
Online Application: 10 Aug – 20 Oct, 2019
Phone Interview: 25 Aug – 25 Oct, 2019
(Start right away as resumes come in)
Onsite Interview: 20 Sep – 20 Nov, 2019
Position: Data Analyst
Advance your skillset with real business challenges, on-the-job experience, and interaction with executive leadership. As an Analytics professional, we will help develop skills like (such as):
-Collecting quantitative and qualitative data
-Designing and performing data analysis
-Senior Management presentation
· Job Title: Analyst
· Job Location: Shanghai, China
Work independently, or as an integral part of a project team, to develop predictive models, conduct simulations, perform ad-hoc analyses, design and produce analytic reports to solve business problems. Participate in center-wide efforts to build analytical capability. The analyst may support one of the specific business areas, including marketing, risk management, customer services, and banking, etc.
· -Be responsible for data preparation, including sampling, data pulling, aggregation, and other data preparation treatments.
· -Develop types of models/prepare analytic reports which meet business objectives, requirements, and timelines.
· -Perform simulations and general ad-hoc analyses to provide insights for strategy design, evaluation and testing.
· -Communicate project results to US business partners and management in a clear and effective manner.
· -Work closely with business partners to implement models and decision strategies.
· -Document project results, address project issues and answer questions from business partners.
· -Provide input and consultation to business partners on various statistical, technical, data or business issues.
· -Identify and share programming knowledge and organizational expertise for efficient and effective execution of project tasks.
· -Engage in continuous learning to maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools, and techniques.
· -Bachelor and above degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Communication, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Science, Economics, Econometrics, Operational Research, etc.
· -Good command of English communication (both oral and written).
· -Ability in learning and improving programming skills for business analysis, strong programming skills is a plus.
· -Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects.
· -Strong interest in using data for business insight, experience in modeling is a plus.
· -Strong desire of learning and willingness to acquire needed knowledge and skills.
· -Positive work attitude and team spirit.