Recruitment of Advanced Nano-Optical Materials and Device Group
Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology and Engineering, CAS, China
With a need for research and development, the Advanced Nano-Optical Materials and Device Group at Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology and Engineering (CNITECH) is recruiting a Researcher (corresponding to Professor), Associated Researchers (corresponding to Associated Professors), and Postdoctors in continuous flow reactor (CFR) mass production, photolithographic patterning, and synthetic process development of quantum dot (QD) nanomaterials research directions.
团队在纳米材料、新型光电器件、量产工艺方面拥有坚实的理论基础和出色的研究成果；以通讯作者、一作、共同一作等在《Nature Photonics》发表2篇、《Nature Communications》发表3篇、《Energy & Environmental Science》发表1篇、《NanoToday》发表1篇，等国际顶级期刊发表论文。国际知名期刊发表SCI论文150余篇，其中IF大于10的50余篇。总引用超4000次。授权和申请专利1000余项，其中国际专利50项。多数成员在国内外相关领域拥有多年的研发和产业化经历，掌握着全球领先的纳米材料开发技术；承担多项国家省部级重大研发项目；拥有多项国家省市级人才荣誉。
We have achieved substantial theoretical foundations and excellent research results in nanomaterials, advanced-optical devices, fabrication for large demand, published 2 papers in Nature Photonics, 3 papers in Nature Communications, 1 papers in Energy & Environmental Science, 1 papers in NanoToday as first author (and corresponding first author) or corresponding author as well as in other top international scientific journals. We have published more than 150 papers in well-known journals, including more than 50 papers with IF>10 and >4,000 citations. We have >1,000 authorized patents and applied patents, including >50 international patents. Most of our staff have strong experience in basic research and industrialization for many years. We command the top of key technologies in opto-electronic nanomaterials-based device development in the world, and we are undertaking many national class, provincial class and departmental class projects. Many of our staff have received awards and grants for national, provincial, and local talent recognition.
Nathan E. Stott 教授，先进纳米光电材料与器件团队的先进材料研发小组的负责人。Nathan教授是量子点和纳米材料领域的顶级专家，在化学、材料学和纳米技术交叉领域有着深入的研究，拥有高度的创造性和广阔的研究领域，取得了丰硕的研究成果。目前研发重点主要集中在新型合成工艺开发、油墨配方以及量子点和纳米材料在印刷电子到光学显示器领域中的应用。Nathan教授于2004年在麻省理工获得博士学位。在麻省理工期间，Nathan与其导师Bawendi教授先后发明多项核心专利，并通过麻省理工先后授权Samsung Electronics, Nanosys, Thermofisher Scientific, Invitrogen, Life Technologies，QD Vision（Samsung Electronics收购），Quantum Dot Corporation（Life Tech收购）等国际顶尖公司，目前总授权金额达700万美元。Nathan教授出色的研发能力对行业做出了杰出的贡献。他的30多项美国、中国专利使他成为国际高影响力专利的发明人，其研发能力也得到了广泛认可，同时促成了企业收购，例如：OSRAM Opto-Electronics公司收购QD materials company Pacific Light Technologies (PLT) 。
Introduction of Team Head:
Professor Nathan E. Stott is Head and Principal Investigator of the Advanced Materials Development Team within the Advance Nano-Optical Materials and Device Group. He is a quantum dot (QD) and nanomaterials subject matter expert, inventor, and R&D professional; with expertise in the intersection of chemistry, materials science, and nanotechnology; who is highly creative and thinks "outside of the box." His research and development focus has been primarily on novel synthetic process development, ink formulation, and applications of QDs and nanomaterials in applications from printed electronics to optical displays. Professor Stott earned his PhD in Physical Chemistry from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2004, under world-renowned QD pioneer and innovator Professor Moungi G. Bawendi, with a focus on nanomaterials and QD synthetic process development. While at MIT, Dr. Stott and his advisor, Professor Bawendi, jointly invented core patents of QD materials for which MIT has successively licensed to many leading enterprises; such as Samsung Electronics, Nanosys, Thermofisher Scientific, Invitrogen, Life Technologies, QD Vision (acquired by Samsung Electronics), and Quantum Dot Corporation (Acquired by Life Tech) to generate over $7 million USD in patent licensing fees to date. Dr. Stott’s research and development capabilities, outstanding contributions to the industry, and inventorship on over 30 high-impact US, Chinese, and international patents have been widely recognized and resulted in business acquisitions, such as QD materials company Pacific Light Technologies (PLT) by OSRAM Opto-Electronics.
Recruitment: 1 professor, 2 Associate Professor
1、Development of high-throughput QD synthetic process scale-up by continuous flow reactor (CFR) technology, including in-parallel microfluidic CFR and plug-flow CFR schemes. Requires professor with expertise in Chemical Engineering.
2、Development of QD photolithographic patterning for high-resolution display technology applications by UV-transformable surface ligands. Requires associate professor with expertise in Materials Science and Engineering (MSE).
3、Development of novel cadmium-free, high-quality I-III-VI semiconductor QD synthetic processes for display application technology. Requires associate professor with expertise in materials and/or inorganic chemistry, preferable with QD and/or nanomaterials synthetic experience.
1. Candidate needs a Ph.D degree in their respective field of expertise.
2. Good command of written and spoken English.
3. Have achieved excellent results in the above directions.
4. Interested in research work, eager to study, and natural inclination for good communication and teamwork.
5. Best academic and research training background with ability to work independently and lead team members.
Recruitment: 2 Postdoctors
Research direction and Responsibilities:
1. Development of high-throughput QD synthetic process scale-up by continuous flow reactor (CFR) technology, including in-parallel microfluidic CFR and plug-flow CFR schemes. Requires postdoctor with expertise in Chemical Engineering.
2、Development of novel cadmium-free, high-quality I-III-VI semiconductor QD synthetic processes for display application technology. Requires postdoctor with expertise in materials and/or inorganic chemistry, preferable with QD and/or nanomaterials synthetic experience.
1. Candidate needs a Ph.D degree in their respective field of expertise.
2. Proficiency of written and spoken English is strongly preferred.
3. Interested in research work, eager to study, and natural inclination for good communication and teamwork.
4. Corresponding academic and research training background in specified field of expertise.
1. Following the rules of CAS and the National Government, CNITECH provides competitive compensation.
2. CNITECH provides competitive scientific research funding support (50-10 million), and all research funding will be allocated to the respective research team.
3. CNITECH provides a discounted price for purchasing an apartment of 90-125 m², ownership belonging to the employee.
4. Grant winners and their children will be receive protection under the Ningbo Social Grant System. Top talents will be given all holidays with salary and all regular allowances of the institute. The institute will provide help to arrange for a job of the spouse of a given staff member and arrange school for staff children under the Heart Project in Compulsory Education.
Probationary period will follow the rules of the institute.
Applicants who meet the above conditions are requested to submit their Curriculum Vitae to the contact’s email address. The contents of the email and the CV should be in both Chinese and English. We will inform of an online / offline interview after reviewing resumes.
Contact: Danping Deng， Professor Nathan E. Stott
E-mail: email@example.com （Your CV can be sent to Danping Deng's email）